Mommy Advice...

Calling all Mom's! We are going on vacation and we will be flying with Avery. This will be our first flight so I am very anxious as to how she will do. I'm not worried so much with the crying, but rather, the sitting still for more than 2 min. part.
The dr. told me that we could get some benadryl and that might help to sedate her a bit...So I want to know, what do other families do when they travel with kids? Have you tried this? Does it work? Any other suggestions or tips for flying with kids?
Also, how are the airlines with food, drinks, toys, carseats, etc. when you have kids? I'm sure we'll have a small stroller, plus a million other things. And what about changing a diaper on an airplane?? That does not sound fun...
I just want some advice and tips that you have from your experiences in this. Thanks!

Comments

  1. Hi April! Where are you guys going? Hope you have a good time! I have flown with Miles 5 times now and this last flight to California was 4 1/2 hours. So I have some tips for you....I def. took a small dvd player with his favorite movies, obviously snacks and drinks, but I took a couples suckers too that were messy but worth the entertainment factor!

    You are allowed to take most any liquids through security because of Avery. I took sippy cups full, food, formula, and even bottled water through just fine, they just test the liquids.

    I also went to the store and got three new toy/activity items that he had never seen so that when you pull them out on the plane they are a little more interested in something new. I dont know if she is into trying markers yet but there is a thing called Color Wonder that only writes on certain paper. It entertained him for a while.

    I also did a bad thing and gave Miles a bottle and pacifier (two things he doesn't usually get) which totally helped him go to sleep. Also paci helps with changing of air pressure on their ears. But I think I read you had gotten rid of it, so you probably don't want to regress!

    I have heard of people letting their kids up when the fasten seat belt sign is off, and walking the isle with them. I didnt think that would be good for Miles cause once he is down he thinks he can the rest of the time.

    Also I would try the benadryl before hand, in some cases it can have the opposite effect and make kids super hyper. I tried it with Miles a few days before and didn't end up using it cause he didn't sleep any better and was really grumpy, so i think it made him feel weird. But we def. used Motrin right before the flight.

    Airlines don't charge for checking a stroller and car seat at the gate, so thats nice. And you can usually board early when they call for people who need assistance. Also, when you are checking in and getting your boarding pass ask the person if their are any empty seats on the plan if they could seat you next to it. I guess thats only if you are holding Avery in your lap.

    Ha sorry to write a book, I just know all those tips from other people were so helpful to me! Happy traveling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A-Z About Me

Baby Poo

Avery Update