Avery Update
With so many intelligent thoughts running through my head on what I can blog about next, I forgot to update you all on Avery!
She is nearly 8 months old, which is very weird to say. I know I'll blink and she'll be 16, going to the prom. But before we get there, focus on now. I'm assuming she's mabye 20 pounds, although I have no clue. She still has no teeth and I don't think they are coming any time soon. I have this feeling that she'll be at her first birthday, gumming her cake like some 98 yr. old woman. Oh well. Oral hygiene of her is one less thing I have to worry about and add to my to-do list. I've decide today that she is offically crawling. Earlier, I put my cell phone across the room on the floor and she immediately crawled over to it. Ugh. My days of plopping her down in one spot and returning 12 min. later and she's still there are over. She has also decided to try and pull up on things. Not so exciting. She isn't strong enough so she gets sorta there and plummets to the ground. Cue the tears. She has this plastic tree thing and she tried pulling up on it...and since it weighs 1.4lb's, she immediately fell over and hit her head. I think people are going to start thinking I abuse my baby! She has more bruises than a peach. She's constantly running into things, falling over, hitting herself. And the bath tub is the worst! She tries crawling around in there and slips and bumps her head or falls back. This must be why parents put their kids in bubbles...
Side bar. I looked at some figures yesterday, and in baby food, formula, and diapers, we spend close to $165 a month! SO, I have this genius idea, which I must share. 1 jar of food is ~50cents. I bought a bag of frozen green beans for $1. I steamed them then blended them and added some water. This makes ~6 jars worth of food...which clearly will be a substantial savings. Chris said we would be spending $60 on food, whereas with this idea, it would be about $20. Holla. I'm so pumped! I'm going to test it with fruits too. I can't wait!
She is nearly 8 months old, which is very weird to say. I know I'll blink and she'll be 16, going to the prom. But before we get there, focus on now. I'm assuming she's mabye 20 pounds, although I have no clue. She still has no teeth and I don't think they are coming any time soon. I have this feeling that she'll be at her first birthday, gumming her cake like some 98 yr. old woman. Oh well. Oral hygiene of her is one less thing I have to worry about and add to my to-do list. I've decide today that she is offically crawling. Earlier, I put my cell phone across the room on the floor and she immediately crawled over to it. Ugh. My days of plopping her down in one spot and returning 12 min. later and she's still there are over. She has also decided to try and pull up on things. Not so exciting. She isn't strong enough so she gets sorta there and plummets to the ground. Cue the tears. She has this plastic tree thing and she tried pulling up on it...and since it weighs 1.4lb's, she immediately fell over and hit her head. I think people are going to start thinking I abuse my baby! She has more bruises than a peach. She's constantly running into things, falling over, hitting herself. And the bath tub is the worst! She tries crawling around in there and slips and bumps her head or falls back. This must be why parents put their kids in bubbles...
Side bar. I looked at some figures yesterday, and in baby food, formula, and diapers, we spend close to $165 a month! SO, I have this genius idea, which I must share. 1 jar of food is ~50cents. I bought a bag of frozen green beans for $1. I steamed them then blended them and added some water. This makes ~6 jars worth of food...which clearly will be a substantial savings. Chris said we would be spending $60 on food, whereas with this idea, it would be about $20. Holla. I'm so pumped! I'm going to test it with fruits too. I can't wait!
you go girl! i always wanted to make my own, but somehow it never got done. thankfully i'm almost done with that stage and i won't have to feel guilty about buying baby food.
ReplyDelete