Baby Language - My Rant
Why doesn't someone invent some sort of baby translator? Instead of wasting money on leap frogs, gap clothes, organic everything...why not have something that translates what your baby wants??
I have no freakin' clue what Avery is crying about at the moment.. She took about a 45 min nap this morning, which is usually 2 hours. I left her in her crib after she woke up for probably an hour, thinking that she'd go back to sleep. Of course not. Instead, she's rolling around, jabbering, sitting up, throwing her pacifier, blah. So I put her down for her afternoon nap and go figure...she's back up awake within 30 min. As if I wasn't irritated enough from the earlier episode. So, I decide, maybe she just wants to be held, which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST. Babies need to learn how to sleep on their own, by themselves, in their own space. Otherwise, when they need to do that, they don't, because they are used to being held in order to fall asleep. Anyway, I hold her for probably 10 min. and she still cries. I figure, what's the point? If she's going to cry whether I hold her or not, might as well put her back in her crib. This is why a device, which simply interprets their cry to let me know what is wrong, would be so very useful.
See, this is a perfect example of why nothing gets done. I feel as though people (men in particular) have this idea that stay at home moms do nothing all day. Dinner should be ready, the house should be spotless, etc. because I'm at home all day. What else do I have to do? I haven't done anything productive today!! I'm constantly in and out of the nursery, feeding Avery, changing Avery, yelling at the dogs, blah blah. This is why people go nuts.
But, I guess we all just keep going. And we even are insane enough to have more kids! I am guilty of wanting 4. After today, I am rethinking that strategy...
I have no freakin' clue what Avery is crying about at the moment.. She took about a 45 min nap this morning, which is usually 2 hours. I left her in her crib after she woke up for probably an hour, thinking that she'd go back to sleep. Of course not. Instead, she's rolling around, jabbering, sitting up, throwing her pacifier, blah. So I put her down for her afternoon nap and go figure...she's back up awake within 30 min. As if I wasn't irritated enough from the earlier episode. So, I decide, maybe she just wants to be held, which I am VERY MUCH AGAINST. Babies need to learn how to sleep on their own, by themselves, in their own space. Otherwise, when they need to do that, they don't, because they are used to being held in order to fall asleep. Anyway, I hold her for probably 10 min. and she still cries. I figure, what's the point? If she's going to cry whether I hold her or not, might as well put her back in her crib. This is why a device, which simply interprets their cry to let me know what is wrong, would be so very useful.
See, this is a perfect example of why nothing gets done. I feel as though people (men in particular) have this idea that stay at home moms do nothing all day. Dinner should be ready, the house should be spotless, etc. because I'm at home all day. What else do I have to do? I haven't done anything productive today!! I'm constantly in and out of the nursery, feeding Avery, changing Avery, yelling at the dogs, blah blah. This is why people go nuts.
But, I guess we all just keep going. And we even are insane enough to have more kids! I am guilty of wanting 4. After today, I am rethinking that strategy...
Sounds like teething to me and teething is a terrible thing. It makes a baby miserable as well as the parents. If you need a break just let me know. I'm always happy to help and spend time with her. Grandma Sue
ReplyDelete