New Year, New Blog
Well Friends, I'm sorry to keep you in the dark for some time now. It has been ages since I've last posted anything and I do apologize. Loads has been going on and I just haven't had the blog as my top priority. Alas though, I have come to my senses! One of my many resolutions this year it to update the blog more often than once a month...or quarter. I'm also going to take a slightly different approach to the blog. Avery is such a huge part of our lives now, however, there are lots of other things going on that are impacting them also. I want to let you know about all that is going on. So let me clue you in on all the latest!
1. Life change - Relocation. We purchased a house! Finally...I was beginning to dread my mom and dad, and seeing them every day and every night. Sometimes in the middle of the night. In their underwear. After much searching, and walking through TONS of houses, we finally found the one. Well, God had something to do with it too. We now are residence of the lovely town of Westfield. I was very anti-northside prior to the move. I was afraid of an unfamiliar area, no safety net, no parents/family within 15 minutes, and being alone with Avery. But, after the move, I truly believe this is where we are to be. God wants us here, to raise our family, grow in our friendships, and become amazing people. Well, even more amazing. We are pretty much at the top there on that scale.
2. Life Change - Stay at home Mom. I quit my paying job to now have a new job, which pays in smiles. I guess I'd rather have smiles than money...right, who wouldn't??!! As I said before, I was terribly afraid to be alone with Avery. Every since she was born, I had my mom and dad there to take her whenever she had a meltdown, I was tired, bored, etc. But now, it's all on me. And things are going great! I have no idea how it all happened, but I am TRULY blessed beyond measure. My calling in life was always to be a mom. I am satisfied now that I am fulfilling that desire. Every day I thank God that he has blessed us in ways that I never expected, this being one. I'm thankful Chris took a job (which I don't think he likes much) so that I could stay home and raise our family. He has sacrificed so much for me! Thank you Chris.
3. Life Change - Budgeting. Yuck. I feel like budgeting = old adult. However, it's part of life. Part of making it happen, being responsible, blah blah. When we were living with the 'rents, we "budgeted" but not on a strick scale...we had no bills. However, now, we do. Plus, with me not working, we don't have that cushion to have addition fun when we want. So, now things have to be more planned and set out in advance. While this sucks, I'm sure we are just doing what all other people do to save and make a living. But still, I say boo to you, budget.
4. Friendships. I ran out of life change titles... Since our move and my lack of job, I feel like I can focus more on the important things in life. Being closer to our friends has had a tremendous impact. Surrounding ourselves with solid, Christian friends is hugely important to us. They are there for us when we need prayer, uplifting, laughter, help, babysitting (thank you Floyds), and most of all, food. I am excited to see us develop even better relationships this year.
To be honest, I feel like we are following the will of God precisely. In no way am I bragging because we do have hard obsticles to face. But things are falling into place and we have been trusting Him that we are making the right choices in our lives. My hope is that 2010 is an awesome year, with lots more great things to come. If He is for us, who can be against us, right?
1. Life change - Relocation. We purchased a house! Finally...I was beginning to dread my mom and dad, and seeing them every day and every night. Sometimes in the middle of the night. In their underwear. After much searching, and walking through TONS of houses, we finally found the one. Well, God had something to do with it too. We now are residence of the lovely town of Westfield. I was very anti-northside prior to the move. I was afraid of an unfamiliar area, no safety net, no parents/family within 15 minutes, and being alone with Avery. But, after the move, I truly believe this is where we are to be. God wants us here, to raise our family, grow in our friendships, and become amazing people. Well, even more amazing. We are pretty much at the top there on that scale.
2. Life Change - Stay at home Mom. I quit my paying job to now have a new job, which pays in smiles. I guess I'd rather have smiles than money...right, who wouldn't??!! As I said before, I was terribly afraid to be alone with Avery. Every since she was born, I had my mom and dad there to take her whenever she had a meltdown, I was tired, bored, etc. But now, it's all on me. And things are going great! I have no idea how it all happened, but I am TRULY blessed beyond measure. My calling in life was always to be a mom. I am satisfied now that I am fulfilling that desire. Every day I thank God that he has blessed us in ways that I never expected, this being one. I'm thankful Chris took a job (which I don't think he likes much) so that I could stay home and raise our family. He has sacrificed so much for me! Thank you Chris.
3. Life Change - Budgeting. Yuck. I feel like budgeting = old adult. However, it's part of life. Part of making it happen, being responsible, blah blah. When we were living with the 'rents, we "budgeted" but not on a strick scale...we had no bills. However, now, we do. Plus, with me not working, we don't have that cushion to have addition fun when we want. So, now things have to be more planned and set out in advance. While this sucks, I'm sure we are just doing what all other people do to save and make a living. But still, I say boo to you, budget.
4. Friendships. I ran out of life change titles... Since our move and my lack of job, I feel like I can focus more on the important things in life. Being closer to our friends has had a tremendous impact. Surrounding ourselves with solid, Christian friends is hugely important to us. They are there for us when we need prayer, uplifting, laughter, help, babysitting (thank you Floyds), and most of all, food. I am excited to see us develop even better relationships this year.
To be honest, I feel like we are following the will of God precisely. In no way am I bragging because we do have hard obsticles to face. But things are falling into place and we have been trusting Him that we are making the right choices in our lives. My hope is that 2010 is an awesome year, with lots more great things to come. If He is for us, who can be against us, right?
yay! so glad things are going well! where is westfield? sounds like i need to move there:)
ReplyDelete