Figure Friendly
I guess there comes a point when you can no longer use the "I just had a baby" excuse before you realize the need to lose some poundage. For me, it was about 2 months after...and still going strong. Why is it we always have such a huge desire to be skinny, eat healthy, get fit, etc. yet the execution of such said desires is the hardest?
The added pressure from the hubby doesn't make it easier. After receiving those "you look weird" glares throughout pregnancy, it gets even worse afterwards. Your belly is all jiggly from being stretched. Same for your boobs. After lack of sleep, breastfeeding, and sore parts, the glares become "don't you think it's about time to get in shape darling?". Ugh. Even now, 8 months later, I'm still feeling those glares. I know he only means well, and part of keeping the marriage alive is pleasing my husband's needs of having an attractive wife. However, I feel like those carbs, sugar, and fattening foods have much stronger voices and stares than my husband.
Why is it that I only have 12 pounds to lose and yet I feel like I'm a contestant on the Biggest Loser?! My body is in so much pain from working out (yes, all 2 workouts I've done in 4 days), and I've got 2 Ironman training crazy men barking at me to eat more foliage. And all I want to do is have some french fries and a milkshake and call it a day. That's why part of me just wants to be pregnant again...I love the feeling that there is no pressure to suck in my gut along with the added bonus of it not mattering that my belly hangs over my underwear.
The added pressure from the hubby doesn't make it easier. After receiving those "you look weird" glares throughout pregnancy, it gets even worse afterwards. Your belly is all jiggly from being stretched. Same for your boobs. After lack of sleep, breastfeeding, and sore parts, the glares become "don't you think it's about time to get in shape darling?". Ugh. Even now, 8 months later, I'm still feeling those glares. I know he only means well, and part of keeping the marriage alive is pleasing my husband's needs of having an attractive wife. However, I feel like those carbs, sugar, and fattening foods have much stronger voices and stares than my husband.
Why is it that I only have 12 pounds to lose and yet I feel like I'm a contestant on the Biggest Loser?! My body is in so much pain from working out (yes, all 2 workouts I've done in 4 days), and I've got 2 Ironman training crazy men barking at me to eat more foliage. And all I want to do is have some french fries and a milkshake and call it a day. That's why part of me just wants to be pregnant again...I love the feeling that there is no pressure to suck in my gut along with the added bonus of it not mattering that my belly hangs over my underwear.
it takes nine months to gain the weight. tell Chris he needs to understand that. Sue
ReplyDelete