Random Nonsense
I just have a bunch of thoughts floating around in my head and felt like sharing...
I think it's funny how I can be in a totally separate room and I can smell Avery has pooped. Or have the radio on in the basement and somehow hear her cry in her room upstairs. Weird. Sometimes, I even wake up at night like my body subconsciously hears her crying, and she's at my mom's house. I wonder if there is some sort of connection between moms and daughters, that develops from them being in your belly for so long.
Avery is 8 1/2 months and still has no teeth. Still no signs of teeth but hopefully soon she'll get some. She has started waving, which is really cool. I'll say, "Avery, say bye" and I'll wave. Then she does! But only sometimes...it isn't a consistent thing yet. She's also started being really talkative in the car. She's just making noises or putting "words" together, "da da, ba ba, ya ya, etc. but sometimes she just yells DA! really loud and long. It's so funny. I keep trying to get her to say momma but she always repeats with da da.
She has started getting into everything. She's constantly pulling up on things, opening cabinets, drawers, books...basically anything within her reach. I caught her yesterday in the dog food bowl, with a piece of dog food in her mouth. She's also pulling up to standing in her crib, but since she isn't very strong, she falls over after a few seconds. She has bruises all over her head...I'm still trying to find a helmet for her so people don't think I abuse her.
For awhile, Avery would cry hysterically at dinner time, when I tried feeding her. I have switched back to Gerber 2nd foods, which seem to be going much better. Maybe she thinks they taste better than the others. I've tried giving her 3rd foods, but she still struggles with getting the bigger chunks down. She doesn't understand the concept of chewing and swallowing. She just holds everything in her mouth. I fed her some egg yolks and she ate them fine. But 5 min. later had every piece just shoved in her mouth like a chipmunk. I am struggling though with what to feed her...so I try to add in new things and textures so she can get used to them. Cottage cheese, chunks of cooked carrots, bananas. But again, she can't swallow them well. It's a work in progress. She is much better at feeding herself too. I gave her some puffs and she had it down, the hand to mouth action was excellent.
Bath time is quite fun. She just noticed the water running from the spout a few days ago. She tries to grab the water and it's comical to see her facial expressions when she realizes she can't hold it. But she keeps trying. And she wants to crawl around in the tub for her toys which is hard since she is so slippery! I never honestly knew that babies were so slippery when wet. They should come with a warning label. She keeps pulling up in the bath tub too which is again dangerous yet cool to see her growing.
I feel like blogs are the new baby book. When Avery was firstborn, I was religiously writing in her baby book. I haven't written a thing in there for probably 4 months. Plus, I've taken 1,349 pictures, all of which I want to cram in there but know they won't fit. How am I supposed to narrow the field by choosing "good" pictures? I think they are all good and cute! It's like scrapbooking. Who has time to do that?! In the 3-4 hours a day that Avery is napping, out of all the things for me to do, updating her baby book is not high on my list. Hopefully I can archive these blog posts for her one day...
I think it's funny how I can be in a totally separate room and I can smell Avery has pooped. Or have the radio on in the basement and somehow hear her cry in her room upstairs. Weird. Sometimes, I even wake up at night like my body subconsciously hears her crying, and she's at my mom's house. I wonder if there is some sort of connection between moms and daughters, that develops from them being in your belly for so long.
Avery is 8 1/2 months and still has no teeth. Still no signs of teeth but hopefully soon she'll get some. She has started waving, which is really cool. I'll say, "Avery, say bye" and I'll wave. Then she does! But only sometimes...it isn't a consistent thing yet. She's also started being really talkative in the car. She's just making noises or putting "words" together, "da da, ba ba, ya ya, etc. but sometimes she just yells DA! really loud and long. It's so funny. I keep trying to get her to say momma but she always repeats with da da.
She has started getting into everything. She's constantly pulling up on things, opening cabinets, drawers, books...basically anything within her reach. I caught her yesterday in the dog food bowl, with a piece of dog food in her mouth. She's also pulling up to standing in her crib, but since she isn't very strong, she falls over after a few seconds. She has bruises all over her head...I'm still trying to find a helmet for her so people don't think I abuse her.
For awhile, Avery would cry hysterically at dinner time, when I tried feeding her. I have switched back to Gerber 2nd foods, which seem to be going much better. Maybe she thinks they taste better than the others. I've tried giving her 3rd foods, but she still struggles with getting the bigger chunks down. She doesn't understand the concept of chewing and swallowing. She just holds everything in her mouth. I fed her some egg yolks and she ate them fine. But 5 min. later had every piece just shoved in her mouth like a chipmunk. I am struggling though with what to feed her...so I try to add in new things and textures so she can get used to them. Cottage cheese, chunks of cooked carrots, bananas. But again, she can't swallow them well. It's a work in progress. She is much better at feeding herself too. I gave her some puffs and she had it down, the hand to mouth action was excellent.
Bath time is quite fun. She just noticed the water running from the spout a few days ago. She tries to grab the water and it's comical to see her facial expressions when she realizes she can't hold it. But she keeps trying. And she wants to crawl around in the tub for her toys which is hard since she is so slippery! I never honestly knew that babies were so slippery when wet. They should come with a warning label. She keeps pulling up in the bath tub too which is again dangerous yet cool to see her growing.
I feel like blogs are the new baby book. When Avery was firstborn, I was religiously writing in her baby book. I haven't written a thing in there for probably 4 months. Plus, I've taken 1,349 pictures, all of which I want to cram in there but know they won't fit. How am I supposed to narrow the field by choosing "good" pictures? I think they are all good and cute! It's like scrapbooking. Who has time to do that?! In the 3-4 hours a day that Avery is napping, out of all the things for me to do, updating her baby book is not high on my list. Hopefully I can archive these blog posts for her one day...
april-i download my blog every year into a book. try blurb.com. it's awesome and easy! i've never done a baby book for my kids, just the blog. i think it's better than the baby book. holds more memories.
ReplyDelete