Top 5 Pregnancy Must-Have's

Since I haven't been sleeping the greatest lately, I have had lots of time to think whilst lying in bed. Last night, I came up with this list that I thought would be beneficial for some of you first-timers out there.

5. Lotion: Once you skin starts stretching and pulling, you are going to need some good quality lotion. My belly and back were the worst; just itching all the time. Invest in some nice lotion that will be sure to help your dry skin. I don't necessarily buy into the "no stretch mark" lotion, but I do like the Palmer's Cocoa Butter one, for it's smell and creaminess.


4. Bella Band: I know there are other techniques for keeping your pre-pregnancy pants longer, but the bella band is one thing you will want. I LOVE mine, and used it throughout my entire pregnancy and thereafter. I like mine because it helps keep maternity pants up, sort of acting as a belt, but without being too tight. I also wore it after I delivered, because I couldn't fit into regular pants and my maternity pants were just a bit too big. I even tried the knock-off brands but I just wasn't as pleased with the quality of the material and durability.







3. Weekly Bath Time: Set aside some "you" time, at least one night a week. Whether you have kids or not, it's always nice to spend some time alone. Once your bundle of joy arrives, you won't have much time for you anymore, so take advantage now! Get some Calgon Bubble Bath, a couple magazines, candles, music, whatever it takes to help you relax. Tell your spouse to leave you alone for an hour and unplug.


2. Snack Bag: Oh the joy of cravings and nausea! I always have a snack bag, whether in addition to my purse or in the car, always keep food on hand. Get a cute bag and fill it with all the things you like... I usually put in a bottle water, ritz, saltines, granola bars, pop tarts, etc. Anything that will help curb an appetite! With the invention of 100 cal packs, it makes it a heck of a lot nicer to carry food. I don't know how many times I would get stuck in traffic, be waiting for a table for dinner out, at the movies, whatever and I would be dying for something to eat! Might as well get used to carrying another bag anyway with the future of the diaper bag at the ready.

1. Body Pillow: My number 1 item...the body pillow. Mine is the Leachco Smart Snoogle...and it rocks. Sleeping gets more and more difficult, the bigger you get. I'm a stomach sleeper so trying to adjust to side-sleeping is horrible. I hate it and can't ever get comfortable. With the help of the body pillow, I can sort of sleep half stomach/half side for a bit longer. Then, when it gets too uncomfortable, side sleeping is definitely easier. It helps not put so much pressure on my shoulders, which is why I love it. Get one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Z About Me

Baby Poo

Avery Update