Mouth Cavity
Alas, Avery has discovered she has a mouth. Yes, this little, tiny, cute orifice is actually quite loud! She has been busy making all sorts of squeals and high pitched noises. It is the funniest thing to hear her cry in the morning and when I go into the nursery, she sees me and immediately smiles and coos. As if she's saying "that's exactly what I wanted mom, I was just fibbing on being upset. I just wanted you to come hold me!"
Dresses are now becoming a pain too with her constant motion of shoving the hem in her mouth! So not only will her hands be covered in spit, but now her dress is too! And any toy or item place in her hands immediately goes right in there too. I am dreading the days when where she puts her hands becomes a problem when they always end up in her mouth.
In addition to the mouth activity, she has been kicking lots too! When she is on her back, she kicks so hard and arches up that I can tell she is almost ready to roll! I never thought these types of milestones would really be all that exciting. Before, when people told me their kids were doing things like this, I'd just shrug, "yeah cool..." I really didn't care much. But now, it all takes on a new meaning. I simply say this to all of you who don't have kids and you give me that same reaction when I explain things about Avery. I understand you don't really care. You will one day!
Dresses are now becoming a pain too with her constant motion of shoving the hem in her mouth! So not only will her hands be covered in spit, but now her dress is too! And any toy or item place in her hands immediately goes right in there too. I am dreading the days when where she puts her hands becomes a problem when they always end up in her mouth.
In addition to the mouth activity, she has been kicking lots too! When she is on her back, she kicks so hard and arches up that I can tell she is almost ready to roll! I never thought these types of milestones would really be all that exciting. Before, when people told me their kids were doing things like this, I'd just shrug, "yeah cool..." I really didn't care much. But now, it all takes on a new meaning. I simply say this to all of you who don't have kids and you give me that same reaction when I explain things about Avery. I understand you don't really care. You will one day!
yeah, you don't really understand until you go through it. oh yeah, the mouth thing only gets worse. noah still puts his hands in his mouth. it's lovely. i wouldn't trade these experiences for the world!
ReplyDelete