Dog Days of Summer

VACATION! Wow, what a neat, exhausting, fun, stressful time that was! I can see how taking your kids on vacation is nice but I can also see how mommy and daddy might need their own vacation too. The trip started off well, with us flying down to Pensacola. Avery did so good on the flights down; she slept most of the way which was very nice. Of course once we got to the house we were staying at, she wanted to explore her new surroundings.




plane ride down. ahh so peaceful.



our house for the week


She behaved nicely the whole week we were there and I was quite surprised. She didn't really fuss or whine a lot, probably because there were 8 adults willing to entertain her at any moment. She did great at the beach and really liked to play in the sand. I can't imagine living near the beach though and having kids bring back half the beach with them. There was sand everywhere and in every bodily crevice.

avery wanting to make sand angels.

then she found someone's sand castle and destroyed it!


The plane ride home was not so much fun. Daddy kept Avery awake the whole 2 hr trip to the airport so I think she was quite tired and crabby once we got there. His hope was that by keeping her awake, she would sleep. It definitely backfired. Avery isn't a baby anymore so holding her while she sleeps is always a bad idea. We had no choice though and she just didn't like it. She cried the entire plane ride home! I felt horrible and I know Chris was even more mortified but there was no pleasing her. We tried the entire bag of toys, food, snacks, drinks, suckers, etc. She just wanted to be off that plane, as I'm sure the entire fleet of passengers would have agreed.


Anyway, it was a nice time to spend doing nothing and relaxing for the most part. It's tough though, having a child. Your entire day is spent planning someone else's schedule...when is nap time, lunch time, next nap, if we go out what do we need to take? food, diapers, wipes, toys, etc. It's a constant job of entertaining, teaching and learning. I'm ready for her to be more self-sufficient and able to do things more without my help. One day I guess...






























Comments

  1. Avery will seem so grown up by the time the new baby gets here. I bet she will be be a good helper since she can get things for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A-Z About Me

Baby Poo

Avery Update