Weeds of Life
This past week I have spent quite a bit of time outside doing yard work. While I enjoyed getting a good tan, I did not enjoy the back breaking work of laying mulch, spraying for bugs, cutting grass, and pulling up vine ground cover. Lame. However, I was out spraying weed/grass killer around the driveway and sort of had an epiphany. I saw these weeds growing along an area of our driveway and wondered how in the world they were able to grow there! In an area of poured cement, sealed for years, how in the heck could a small piece of weed find itself in such an isolated area? It made me think about our lives...we can feel and look put together, but given the tiniest and minute of space, a weed can weasel itself in and cause an ugly space. We must constantly find ourselves at the feet of our Gardener. Thankfully God doesn't prune us as often as I tend to my yard.
How thankful we should be that we don't have to live with those weeds...that God is always there to accept us and forgive us, no matter if we are a field of just weeds or have some flowers scattered in too. Jesus is our RoundUp!!
How thankful we should be that we don't have to live with those weeds...that God is always there to accept us and forgive us, no matter if we are a field of just weeds or have some flowers scattered in too. Jesus is our RoundUp!!
Comments
Post a Comment